3 steps to deposit money into an inmate's account

1. Get a money order or a cashier’s check.

  • No cash or personal checks are accepted.
  • Money orders are available at post offices, most grocery stores and some other retailers.
  • Cashier’s checks are available at banks.

2. Make sure the money order or cashier’s check contains this information:

  • The inmate’s first and last name, and IDOC number
  • The institution and housing unit where they are housed
  • The name of the person sending the money

3. Mail the check or money order to the right location. 

Please note, where you send the funds depends on where the inmate is incarcerated.

For these institutions, mail the money order or cashier’s check directly to the institution. Please make sure the inmate's name, IDOC number, and housing unit is included on the outside of the envelope.  (Hover over the institution to see the address.)

  • CAPP (Correctional Alternative Placement Program, a private prison operated by MTC)
  • CAPP
    Attn: Offender Accounts
    15505 S. Pleasant Valley Rd.
    Kuna, ID 83634
  • Idaho State Correctional Center (ISCC)
  • ISCC
    Attn: Offender Accounts
    P.O. Box 70010
    Boise, ID 83707
  • Idaho Correctional Institution Orofino (ICIO)
  • ICIO
    Attn: Offender Accounts
    381 West Hospital Dr.
    Orofino, ID 83544
  • North Idaho Correctional Institution (NICI-Cottonwood)
  • NICI
    Attn: Offender Accounts
    236 Radar Rd.
    Cottonwood, ID 83522
  • St. Anthony Work Camp (SAWC)
  • SAWC
    Attn: Offender Accounts
    125 N. 8th West
    St. Anthony, ID 83445
  • Idaho Maximum Security Institution (IMSI or "Max")
  • IMSI
    Attn: Offender Accounts
    PO Box 51
    Boise, ID 83707
  • Idaho State Correctional Institution (ISCI or "The Yard")
  • ISCI
    Attn: Offender Accounts
    PO Box 14
    Boise, ID 83707
  • South Idaho Correctional Institution (SICI or "The Farm")
  • SICI
    Attn: Offender Accounts
    PO Box 8509
    Boise, ID 83707

  • Kit Carson Correctional Center (KCCC, a private, out-of-state prison operated by CCA)
    Inmate name, IDOC number, living unit
    KCCC/Inmate Mail
    P.O. Box 2000
    Burlington, CO 80807

For all other institutions, mail the money order or cashier’s check to:

Offender Accounts
IDOC-Central Office Fiscal
1299 N. Orchard, Suite 110
Boise, ID 83706

This includes the following locations:


  • Pocatello Women’s Correctional Center (PWCC)
  • South Boise Women’s Correctional Center (SBWCC)

Community Work Centers:

  • East Boise Community Work Center (East Boise CWC)
  • Idaho Falls Community Work Center (Idaho Falls CWC)
  • Nampa Community Work Center (Nampa CWC)
  • South Idaho Correctional Institution Community Work Center (SICI-CWC)

Deposit data is entered into the computer within 24 hours after receipt of the money.

Personal checks will not be accepted. Money orders and cashier’s checks will be accepted for deposit. Money orders and cashier’s checks must be made payable to the offender and must include the offender's IDOC number.

No, there is no limit. However, certain types of checks cannot be deposited, so it is advisable to inform Offender Accounts of the source (e.g. insurance settlements, inheritance, etc.) when a very large sum of money is going to be deposited.

The Child Support Division of Health and Welfare is authorized to enforce child support payments directed by a divorce decree or other legal documents related to child support. The Child Support Division sends Offender Account a form stating the monthly child support payment. This information is entered into the Offender Payable System.

The Offender Payable System is an automated process for payments for child support, writs of execution, institutional restitution, and family support payments. When child support withholding orders, court-ordered restitutions, garnishments, institutional restitutions, etc. are received in Offender Accounts, the information is entered in the Offender Payable System. The computer searches for an attachment whenever money is deposited into the Offender Trust Account. If an attachment is located, the computer automatically deducts the amount stipulated by the attachment from the offender's account.

According to Idaho Code, any money regardless of the source is to be taken for payment of child support. The only way to restrict the money taken from wages earned is to have the child support withholding order amended.

Account information can be given if a Power of Attorney is presented. If someone calls regarding a specific deposit placed in the offender's account, it can be verified if the caller identifies themselves and the money source accurately. No other information can be given.