Whenever possible, the Idaho Department of Correction seeks opportunities to promote staff from within our ranks to lead worker, supervisory and management positions in the organization. Staff who started out as correctional officers, maintenance workers, psychosocial rehabilitation specialists, clinicians and records clerks now serve in a variety of supervisory and management positions within the department.
Here you will find resources to prepare you for promotional opportunities, insight from subject matter experts about the promotional process and listings to apply for the listings you seek.
For more information about IDOC career opportunities, check out our current openings.
For more career opportunities, please see our current openings.
You can go as far in your career as your energy and determination can take you. All divisions offer opportunities for advancement.
- Sign up for automatic job notifications (Use your personal email address to be notified even if you are away from the facility.
- Watch your IDOC email for Everyone Everywhere emails with information about opportunities for Lateral Transfers, New Announcements and Promotional Opportunities.
- Review the PowerPoint for the How to Apply for a Promotion Training
- Let your supervisor know you are interested in attending the next live promotion training.
- Ask your supervisor to help you set goals and find extra projects to help you gain experience for your next step up.